Skip to Main content Skip to Navigation
Journal articles

Nutmeg poisoning: Ten years (2008–2018) of experience from the Marseille Poison Control Center

Abstract : Nutmeg is a frequently used spice all over the world since centuries. It is the seed of a tree (Myristica fragrans, Family Myristicaceae) which can grow 10 to 20 meters high, and was discovered by the Portuguese in 1512 [1]. It is used grated in small quantities to season many dishes (meat, soup, cocktails etc.). When ingested in large quantities, it has been reported to have toxic effects such as tachycardia, nausea, vomiting, agitation, hallucinations and more generally anticholinergic symptoms
Document type :
Journal articles
Complete list of metadatas

https://hal-amu.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-02613408
Contributor : Administrateur Hal Amu <>
Submitted on : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 - 10:09:25 AM
Last modification on : Monday, May 25, 2020 - 12:26:25 PM

Identifiers

Collections

Citation

Julien Reynoard, Romain Torrents, Bastien Domangé, Mathieu Glaizal, Luc de Haro, et al.. Nutmeg poisoning: Ten years (2008–2018) of experience from the Marseille Poison Control Center. La Presse Médicale, Elsevier Masson, 2019, 48 (9), pp.994-996. ⟨10.1016/j.lpm.2019.08.016⟩. ⟨hal-02613408⟩

Share

Metrics

Record views

40